Tuesday 2 September 2014

Cutting Chai with Bhawana Somaaya - Day 427

Hosting Ganesha is learning about life.
2/9/2014

The years 2002 to 2007 are a blur. Every year on the eve of the festival I brought him home the previous night and like all growing children he was always an inch taller than the previous year. He ate what I served him and went to bed when I was tired. Before leaving to work I offered him his pen and paper and I assume he loved his privacy and silence as much as I loved mine. We chatted how we spent our day at night over dinner. Initially only the family knew about his annual visits to my home. The neighbors got wind of my association with him when I took him out on the tenth day for the farewell. Some of them came ahead for a closer look, asked questions, while others stepped aside and just stared at him. He has that aura. People always stand and stare when he passes by!

On the tenth day with a heavy heart I immersed him into the sea. The house was lonely without his august presence but that is life and by visiting your home and heart Lord Ganpati teaches you to cope with life.


Bhawana Somaaya/ Tweets @bhawanasomaaya

1 comment:

  1. Bhawana your writing seems like that of a 10year olds... (thats not a compliment)

    ReplyDelete