Thursday 3 January 2013

Cutting Chai with Bhawana Somaaya - Day 1

Ink is better than memory.
1.1.2013, Mumbai

Keeping awake all night to ring in the New Year dawn was exciting when one was younger but today nothing is more precious than an eight hour undisturbed sleep. Sill starting a new diary on the first day of the new calendar year has always been a special feeling. Most people have moved to the mobile for reminders but the only way I can remember birthdays/ anniversaries/ deadlines/ appointments is through my one page per day diary. I begin my day with newspapers, diary and a hot pot of tea. I draw a list of all that I have to do for the day and all that I write is unfailingly accomplished and what is not noted is always forgotten.
There is an old saying that is always shared by a senior editor with a budding journalist which is: The palest ink is more reliable than the sharpest memory.
I endorse it.

www.bhawanasomaaya.com

No comments:

Post a Comment